Hiland’s commitment to mission includes:
- establishing the first preschool for 4 and 5 year olds in the North Hills in 1955 and expanding to include 3 year old children in 1975.
- helping to form the North Hills Youth Ministry (now known as Anchorpoint Counseling Ministry) in 1966.
- organizing the North Hills Food Bank in 1981 which currently serves the needs of 300 families a month in the northern area of Pittsburgh.
- opening the Hiland Child Care Center for infants through 12 year olds in 1982.
- participating in ministry at the Pleasant Valley Shelter for homeless men by providing dinner on a regularly scheduled basis since 1996.
- establishing the Backpack Initiative here at Hiland for our West View Elementary friends.
- organizing annual summer work camp for senior highs, college students, and adults.
Even as we look toward the future, we remain ever mindful of our congregation’s rich heritage and long-time service to both God and our community.
To learn more about our current mission and outreach, click one of the following links: