Do you know someone who is struggling with the death of a loved one? Want to offer comfort but don’t know what to say or do? Our Beyond Mourning ministry has made this First Aid for Grief guide available for you to download, print and offer to your hurting friend. Are you someone who is struggling with the death of a loved one? This informational handout was created with you in mind. It is filled with practical wisdom and information about grieving. This First Aid for Grief won’t answer all your questions, but it will help you know what to expect and that you are not alone.
If you would like to attend the next session, please call 412-364-9000 or email us at email@example.com to reserve your spot. The next Beyond Mourning group meets beginning Thursday, April 5, 2018 from 6:30-8PM.
Who is Beyond Mourning for?
Any adult in the community who is grieving the death of a loved one whether the loss was last month or decades ago.
What Is Beyond Mourning?
A free, eight-session, peer-led, weekly support group which combines grief education, activity, and peer support into each session. Beyond Mourning is open and inclusive no matter your beliefs, worldview, or religion. Our goal is to provide a firm foundation of practical wisdom and emotional support to help you navigate through your grief.
We provide valuable information about the grieving process and support to help you get beyond the mourning and back into life. Weekly Focus:
- Group building and the grief process
- Review of grief’s common physical, behavioral, cognitive, emotional and spiritual/philosophical reactions
- Looking at what to expect during the grieving process and developing a plan
- Preserving the memories and dealing with loved one’s material belongings
- Dealing with the anger, sadness, and loneliness as time goes by
- Preparing for holidays and special days
- Looking at what to expect in the future, what it means to move on and exploring the new normal
- Finding hope and making plans for the future
Why Join a Beyond Mourning Group?
Everyone grieves when a loved one dies. The mourning process takes time and having the right tools to navigate that process can make it bearable. This free program has been carefully designed to equip grieving individuals with knowledge about grief and grieving, provide a safe place for them to share their grief experience and create a much needed support network.