At Hiland, we strive to create varied opportunities for adult fellowship and study.
“The Case for Christ” Adult Study
The Case for Christ is a six-session small group Bible study where we will investigate the evidence for Jesus from historical evidence and expert testimony. Based on the bestselling book by Lee Strobel, we will learn about our Lord and Savior in ways we may have not considered before. The course will begin on Sunday, February 12th at 11AM in the Sanctuary. A limited number of book copies are available. Please contact Dave Herbert at email@example.com for more information.
Ways to Get Involved
- Join a packing crew for our Backpack Initiative ministry.
- Become an adult leader in Children’s or Youth Ministries activities.
- CHECK OUT OUR HANDS ON MISSION PROJECTS
- Contact Cindy Plazek (Director of Music Ministries) to share your musical talents in worship.
- Contact the Church Office to get involved in helping to repair and maintain the Hiland Campus.
- Let the Deacons know if you are available to help with the funeral/memorial receptions sporadically throughout the year.
- Interested in small groups? Please pray about leading one. We are always happy to facilitate the start of small groups and can help with curriculum if needed.
- If you have a passion for something we aren’t doing, discuss it with the Pastor or the Implementation Team. We are here to help you discover and share your God-given gifts and his call on your life.
ADULT EDUCATION (SEPTEMBER–MAY)
The Wired Word – Adult Education hour on Sunday mornings at 11:00 a.m. in Fellowship Hall. The Wired Word is a current events Sunday school class that explores recent topics in the news from a faith perspective. Connecting the latest headlines to relevant scripture will help us engage in thought-provoking dialogue to understand our world in the light of God’s Word and grace. Keep up on what’s going on in the world. Child care is available.
F3 (Fun, Fellowship and Food) – At Hiland, fellowship is important so once a month, usually the first Sunday of the month, we take a break from the Wired Word to enjoy each other’s company and some great snacks.
Guest Speakers – On occasion throughout the year, we have the opportunity to bring special guest speakers from the Mission agencies we support and other distinguished speakers to help broaden our awareness of God’s work in Pittsburgh and around the world.
Short-Term Book Study – We also try to incorporate a 3-4 session Christian Living book study into the Adult Education hour once or twice a year. If you have a suggestion for a book or would be willing to lead a book study, please contact the church office.