Grieving the lost of a loved one? You don’t have to go through it alone!
A grief support group for those dealing with the death of a loved one. Beyond Mourning is open and inclusive no matter your beliefs, worldview, or religion. Our goal is to provide a firm foundation of practical wisdom and emotional support to you during this difficult time in your life.
What is Beyond Mourning?
- A weekly eight-session peer support group which combines grief education, activity, and peer support into each session
What are Beyond Mourning’s goals?
- To provide the tools grieving people need to navigate their own unique grief experience through education and peer support.
What you’ll find at a Beyond Mourning group?
- Empathy and Comfort
- Support and Acceptance
- Grief and Coping Skills Education
The Weekly Sessions
- Group building and the grief process
- Review of grief’s common physical, behavioral, cognitive, emotional and spiritual/philosophical reactions
- Looking at what to expect during the grieving process and developing a plan
- Preserving the memories and dealing with loved one’s material belongings
- Dealing with the anger, sadness, and loneliness as time goes by
- Preparing for holidays and special days
- Looking at what to expect in the future, what it means to move on and exploring the new normal
- Finding hope and making plans for the future
Beyond Mourning will be starting the last week in September. More details will be published the last week of August.